Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Into the Garbage Chute, Flyboy.

This is as close as I'll ever come to fulfilling Mr. Wrath's fantasy about Princess Leia and her gold bikini:
((Redacted))
It is my new favourite toque, courtesy of my very crafty mother. She also made R2-D2 toques for Mr Wrath and the little Wrathlets. I think I'm going to have to buy her a copy of this book, because nothing says, "Mom, you are AWESOME!" like a self-serving present.

I wore my Worshipfulness Toque to the grocery store today (during a blizzard, no less), and received two compliments. I might have also been on the receiving end of a few bemused stares, but I didn't make eye contact with anyone I didn't know. You can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take away her ability to distrust strangers.

7 comments:

  1. !!!! I need that recipe... I mean pattern. Not that I can knit, but I KNOW people who can knit. Total awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That toque is just all kinds of awesome.
    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh, oh! Can we see the others please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna be able to use the term, "toque" with abandon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heeee! I love it! Now all you need is a white hooded robe and you are set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the bemused stares, my friend Carolyn often uses, "I value warmth more than anything society has to offer".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up here. Love the hat. Your mom could market them online and make a bundle.

    ReplyDelete