Sunday, June 5, 2011

Indoctrination.

Klaxon and Zarf get a lot of nose bleeds. They evidently both suffer from a medical syndrome with the single symptom of your nose spontaneously bleeding. There is no warning, or so I am told. They are NEVER picking their noses, they both attest when I suggest easing off the nasal spelunking. They are pretty good at getting to the bathroom when the nasal blood geysers begin. Usually I don't even bother to check on them till the bleeding has abated and I need to contend with a bathroom that looks like a scene from Carrie.

The other day in the midst of a particularly profuse session, Klaxon (age 7) came into the kitchen. "Look. I stuffed wads of tissue up my nose to keep the blood from dripping on my clothes."

"Good job," I said.

"Yeah. I look like I was in a bar brawl. Just like Kirk."


Proudest moment of my life.

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Funny stuff. Although I've got to say, thank god my kids don't have that problem. The sight of nosebleeds just sends me to the floor, every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bar brawl, ha ha ha. A good topic for imaginative play. Do they make a set for that to put in our toy kitchen?! My kids always want to pretend their drinks at dinner are beer or wine (despite my numerous reminders that the drinking age is 21) so we could just take it a step further!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is important for children to have goals and role models. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the Star Trek people get into bar brawls? They have bars in outer space?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well duh, Nicole, who would ever go into space if there were no bars? And where there are bars, there are brawls. This also reminds me of one of my favourite moments from Sex and the City (the series, not the movie) but I won't pollute your cute kid post with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I for one didn't know there were bars in space either! The learning continues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sound like my younger sister. She had terrible nose bleeds when she was a kid. Just spontaneous and copious. They still happen, but less frequently. They actually got a lot better when she moved to Victoria from Smithers. We theorize that the moister weather helped.

    And yeah...rock on Kirklings.

    ReplyDelete