Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fifteen.

Are you on Facebook? I'm on Facebook. On occasion. Between Twitter and this blog, I can't handle another online hobby/distraction, so Facebook falls to the wayside. Over on Facebook, Beck (from the blog Frog and Toad are Still Friends, and twitter) tagged some people to play The 15 Characters Game.

Here are the rules:
Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen fictional characters (television, films, plays, books) who've influenced you and who will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

I'm going to post my list here...

1. JB Fletcher, "Murder She Wrote."

2. Professor Snape. From the books, but more so the movies.


3. Elizabeth Bennett, "Pride and Prejudice."

4. Laura Holt, "Remington Steele." Root of my deep seated love of fedoras. 


5. Harriet Pringle, "Fortunes of War."

6. C.K. Dexter Haven, "Philadelphia Story."

7. Lola, "Charlie and Lola"

8. Wonder Woman.
 
9. Atticus Finch, "To Kill A Mockingbird."

10. Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo, "Princess Diaries."

11. Chandler Bing, "Friends." Root of my deep-seated love of sweater vests. 


12. Ahsoka Tano.

13. Richard Strong, "Made In Canada."

14. Captain Picard, "Star Trek: Next Generation."

15. Captain Kirk, "Star Trek: The Original Series."


7 comments:

  1. AWESOME list. You know who I loved from Charlie and Lola? SOREN LORENSON. For an imaginary friend, that kid had clout.

    CK DEXTER HAVEN! I wish that the stupid serial killer hadn't come along and ruined my fine plan to name a son CK Dexter Haven. A son I was planning on having with Cary Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Elizabeth Bennett. I love Elizabeth. I want to be an Elizabeth but sometimes I think I'm more of an Emma, sadly. It's like how I always thought I was Jo but realized I'm maybe more like Amy? Self awareness is a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list...is it sad I couldn't even think of 10 in my head just now? Maybe I need more coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this too, on FB (actually in Bea's comments), and Atticus Finch made my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once someone commented that when I posted about my kids she imagined them talking in British accents like Charlie and Lola and I was SO HAPPY. Now I imagine them talking in British accents like Charlie and Lola too. And you would so rock the fedora.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I found you again!

    The first fictional character that comes to mind is Harriet the Spy, from my all time favorite book, circa 5th grade.

    ReplyDelete