Friday, September 23, 2011

People Princess Power To The Rescue. I Hope.

For the past few months I've been trying to track down a movie. Here's the problem: I don't remember when it was made, who stars in it, or its title. Not surprising, I've had no luck with my search.

It's about Andrew Morton, the author of Diana: Her True Story.  It was -- if memory serves, and it probably doesn't -- very interesting. Diana never appears on screen, but we hear her (and I think it's really Diana's voice) via the tapes that she dictated for Andrew Morton's book. There's a bit of intrigue as The Firm uses various methods to thwart publication.

I watched this after Diana's death in 1997, but I don't know when it was made. And I don't know anything about of the actors, except that they have plummy English accents.

Any thoughts? Can you help me? It's driving me bonkers.



7 comments:

  1. The Biographer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319063/

    what's my prize?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE A POP CULTURE NINJA!!!!!! HOW DID YOU DO THAT????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eryn, you would totally be my phone a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad someone had your answer, because I came up blank. Do remember the day Diana died. Also came across her fan-made memorial in Paris a year later quite by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jenifer -- YES! It took my waaaaaay longer to compose this post than it did for Eryn to find the answer. Where's the payoff.

    @Elle Strauss -- I remember when Diana died. I was at my mom's house for a movie night. We didn't watch any of the films, just the news coverage as we waited hours for official confirmation of her death. It was unbelievable. Still is, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that day too. I couldn't believe, didn't believe it. I went about my business that day and was surprised later that it was actually true. Sad.

    ReplyDelete