Thursday, September 15, 2011

Détente.



This MIGHT look like photographic proof of my pets' affinity for one another as they while away an autumnal afternoon napping in the kitchen.

But it is really photographic proof that our 80 lb rottweiler-husky is terrified of a 2 lb kitten. Whereas the kitten just wants to cuddle up with his friend the dog and doesn't understand why the dog is quaking in fear.

Obviously the kitten is a terror:


A narcoleptic terror.

• • •
Jedi! Kittens! Squee along with me:



• • • •

Updated, on September 19, 2011.  

I snapped this photo last night:


Is it possible that the dog is starting to trust the cat? Or does this photo merely indicate the dog has lost feeling in her extremities?

7 comments:

  1. My children have now watched that video more times than I care to think about. And I am a big fan of all things star wars.
    Poor big dog. I'd be scared of the cat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any cat worth his salt with have all dogs bowing down before him. (Can you tell I'm a cat person?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't look like proof of any kind of affinity. The dog looks terrified. I love cats and dogs, and I don't know WHOSE side to be on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Jedi kittens. We are all about the jedi way at our house these days. Having a 5 1/2 year old boy in the house will do that to you. May the Force be with you.

    ReplyDelete