Things that are embarrassing about this photo:
1. My large pink glasses. They were -- in my defense -- fashionable at the time.
2. My orange hair. There is no defense for this, but I will deflect some blame at the makers of Sun-In and the woman who subsequently sold me a package of Body Shop Brassy Henna hair dye and reassured it would make my hair look better.
3. My glum facial expression. I'm about to leave for my high school dance and I'm trying to be blasé about the fact that I will spend the whole evening manning the Student's Union snack concession or group dancing with my friends AND not -- as I so desperately wish -- dancing with a boy who looks like Wesley Crusher.
Things that do not embarrass me about this photo:
1. The awesome Star Trek: The Next Generation costume that my mother sewed for me.
2. That I still fit into the awesome Star Trek: The Next Generation costume that my mother sewed for me when I was 17 years old.
• • • •
Part Two of this post is HERE.