Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Warp Speed Wednesdays: Have Yourself A Merry Little Trekmas.

Last Wednesday, Klaxon came down with a stomach bug. He rallied on Thursday, just as Zarf's cold/flu amped up to stay-in-bed-all-day-with-the-cat level. Friday, Mr Wrath took the day off and coincidentally I caught Zarf's cold (with a side order of fever). By Sunday, Klaxon was sick with the same thing, so on Monday he celebrated his eighth birthday with cake, Lego, a new pocket knife, tissues and tears. "I don't want to be sick ANYMORE!" was his lament.

Ditto, I said.

Even today none of us are feeling 100% (though Mr Wrath still hasn't succumbed to our germs) and I'm trying to distract the boys with Christmas activities, movies, crafts and music.

When the Christmas music gets a little too much, I play this 24 hour long clip of the Enterprise engines idling.

It makes me feel very zen-like. Which is vital during the holidays or when you're sick OR when you yell "COVER YOUR MOUTH" for the 4 billionth time.

Merry. Freakin'. Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no they DIDN'T. Who the hell made Picard wear the bell sweater? I'm setting my phaser on kill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that dog has a Santa hat! Or is that a cat? It's actually strangely hard to tell. WHAT IS IT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bibliomama -- the awful part is that I find him sexy even in that sweater.

    @Nicole -- I thought that was a goat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One week until Christmas! I hope you are all well by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! Love the picture. And yes, he is sexy even in the sweater. And holding that weird whatever-it-is.

    ReplyDelete