Sunday, April 15, 2012

"Give a 40 year old stripper-slash-mom a break."

I'm not a doctor, but I recommend you seek medical advice if:
- you've had a fever for more than 48 hours,
- you've got white stuff on your tonsils,
- your throat is red,
- your tongue is white,
- your ears hurt and you can hardly hear anything,
- your whole body aches,
- your snot is green and thick,
- it's painful to swallow, and
- you can not sleep longer than 3 consecutive hours.

On Friday evening I recited this list of complaints to a HealthLink BC nurse. "You need to go to a health clinic or the ER. Now. Promise me you are hanging up the phone and seeking medical attention. Promise. Me." she said with more than enough conviction to scare the shit out of me.

My husband was happy to accompany me to the ER, "It's like we're having a Date Night." Which wasn't far off the mark, since we did catch a show. "I just pushed that guy, I don't know why he got so mad," was the oft-repeated catch-phrase from an intoxicated, jovial Philadelphia Flyers fan who was getting bandaged up. We found him more amusing than the ER nurse or the attending RCMP officers. I assume it was not the first time they'd caught his performance.

I'm still not feeling 100%, but I am 100% besotted with my new penicillin prescription.

This post will conclude with photos of my cats. They're cute.



  


7 comments:

  1. yuck. and all this when you have company, too? hoping for a swift return to better health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hot date night. And by hot, I mean feverish and painful. I'm glad you're feeling better but crap - that's quite the illness.

    That Flyers fan sounds kind of awesome. It's like he's hired to lighten up the ER atmosphere!

    Feel better, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And all this while your butterdish is staying with you? Sincere sympathies, friend.

    Those are some freaking cute cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better. I hope you have lots of people to fret over you and make endless pots of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are on the mend by now? Honestly was thinking of you last week and hoping you were on a surprise trip to the islands, rather than taking a break due to illness. You are missed on the internet when you are gone. I'll let you decide whether to be flattered or creeped out. :-)

    Your cats ARE cute. I enjoy the photos because I'm not allowed cats here. Hubs has a cat aversion, which he calls an "allergy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Thanks for noticing -- I am flattered. But I sort of went on a vacation: a trip down the Raging Fever And Freaky Dreams river. It was harrowing.

      Delete
  6. Due to my kids bouts of strep and ear infections, I'm ready to kiss antibiotics on the lips I love them so much. Glad you are on the mend.

    Love your cats, they are cute and glossy!

    ReplyDelete