Monday, June 11, 2012

Adventures With Paint.

The latest addition to our living room:



This photo would look more impressive if I'd remembered to take "before" pictures. 

I spray painted the lamp base -- it was originally a cream coloured, unvarnished plaster -- a deep purple. 

The cabinet was pretty rough looking when we picked it up at a thrift store in the big city two weeks ago. Mr Wrath was skeptical when I insisted that it had potential and with a minimal amount of effort it would be presentable. And by "presentable" I mean "it will look right at home in the same room as his   beloved pole lamp."


Needless to say our decor is "unique."

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. @Nicole and @Rachelradiostar -- when my husband's grandparents downsized they gave it to me on condition that I didn't "return" it later. I love it. Not as much as Mr Wrath loves it, however.

      Delete
  2. Like your unique decor. The green shelves. The blue lamps. You make me want to do some serious painting. I am the type who buys the paint/gloves/etc to paint things and then sets the paint in the cupboard and forgets the plans. I need to be more action-oriented (she types, while sitting at the kitchen table, drinking a glass of water and doing NOTHING).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GLOVES! I did not remember to wear gloves until after my finger nails (and the nail beds) were stained purple. It was unfortunate. Posting "after" photos on this blog goes a long way to motivating me to complete projects.

      Delete
  3. Love those shelves. Nice job! And A POLE LAMP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I seriously love that pole lamp too! I think we had something like that in the apartment we lived in when I was a kid...I must dig up some photos to see what I can find. If you made that cabinet look that cool, you might consider a little side business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pole lamp TWINS!!!!!!

      Here's the crazy thing: I own another cabinet similar to this one. It's destiny that I bought this one! Now I feel like I should paint the original one, but I can't decide if I should paint them to match or if that's too cutesy. Thoughts?

      Delete