Friday, December 14, 2012

Fifteen Minutes of Random Thoughts on a Snowy Friday.

I'm taking a Twitter break. It's temporary. Though in my attempt to limit the drama of my departure I created more drama. Sorry. Nothing is wrong. I just had/have a very long list of things to do and the allure of Twitter (where the smart, funny people go to play) was too much for me.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

In the meantime, I have been painting the family room. It's a warmish beige colour that I really love. No one is more surprised at my choice of beige than my own self. There isn't even a garish accent wall to appease my formerly legendary need for colour.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

Whilst painting I've been watching Sherlock on Netflix. And what I wouldn't do to get into John and Sherlock's apartment with a few pots of paint. Yes, I might be planning to get rid of my living room's red accent wall (from 2003, aka The Year I Watched Too Many Episodes of Trading Spaces), but I'm never going to be a fan of wallpaper.

Or maybe I will...

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

The only thing worse than someone talking about their dreams is someone talking about their tattoos. Sure dreams are dull and full of non sequiturs and disturbing insight into the person's mind, but nothing kills a conversation like a monologue about a symbolic memorial to a dead baby.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

Blogspot's spellcheck function says that non sequitur is not a word. It recommends:
nonstarters,
nonstarter's,
nonskid,
insects,
nonacids,
squirts,
requiters,
equities,
equity's,
or
requites.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

Is it okay to spell internet with a lowercase -i? Spellcheck says no, but Internet seems like a relic from the 1990s.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

Things I love: books from the library.
Things I fear: bugs.
Things that make me want to cry: bed bugs in library books.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

I'm a little obsessed with Sherlock. Obviously. I promise to tone it down. Right after I post one last photo:


I will now resume my regularly scheduled obssession: Star Trek!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Review of My Cat is no longer being updated. Shoot. I guess I'll have to devote myself to Dog Shaming

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

Another thing accomplished this week: I composed and mailed out our Christmas letter. Christmas letters are really best left to:
- people with new babies,
- shameless self-promoters,
- people whose lives are full of drama and grand accomplishments, and/or
- my cat.

Possibly, I qualify for the second one. Definitely the last one applies to me. I wrote our letter from the perspective of our black cat. Obviously I'm not concerned about outing myself as a weirdo. A weirdo with a delightfully dull life. 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 


TIME'S UP!



11 comments:

  1. This is just what I needed today! Trading Spaces...oh how I pined for the red accent wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank was my favourite. I loved Doug's style, but wouldn't want to work with him. I thought Hilde was completely horrible. Was Genevieve drunk all the time? Ty and Mary Wynne were so much fun. Remember when Paige was on A Wedding Story -- so much fun!

      Why do I still remember their names?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?

      Delete
  2. You are on the Twitter and I just found this out right as you are taking a break from the Twitter?

    DAMN IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay and I love beige. And brown. We realized this a few years ago and just went with it. I also watched a lot of Trading Spaces and thought room is just not room unless you're painting one wall a bright color and gluing stuff elsewhere. Beige and brown, it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one point our living room, kitchen, family room, hallway were various combinations of orange, yellow, green and red. Now? Shades of beige. I think that Red Accent Walls are to my generation what wood panelling was in the 70s.

      But I'm still thinking that the red wall in the living room should be a contrasting colour. Rust orange? Robin's Egg Blue? Something unexpected. Thoughts?

      Delete
  4. Dude, either you have to teach me how twitter works or you have to come hang out on facebook with me. Us cool kids, we have to stick together in this big nasty internet. Also, I want to start a kid shaming website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely contribute to your kid shaming site.

      Delete
  5. Drama llama!

    You know my feelings on tattoos. I noticed the other day a fellow in my yoga studio. I've noticed his back tat before, but on his front is a nude fairy, complete with nipples. O-kay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now see, I totally had you pegged as someone who would mercilessly mock anyone who sent a family Christmas letter from the perspective of the family cat. YOU'RE A CONSTANT SURPRISE, NAN! Once Matt's Nana told us a story about her friend's daughter getting married and putting the wedding announcement in the paper worded as if it was told by the couple's dog, and her other friend was so bitchy about it that she made the first friend cry. Nice to know the drama won't even stop when we're in our eighties, huh?

    ReplyDelete