Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy Brand New Year!

Let's kick off 2013 with a party on my blog. Everyone is welcome.

I've got food.

Like cake! I have plenty o' cake:


LOOK! Food on sticks. Foodsicles = good time party fun.



Plus there is a slider buffet. I love sliders because I pretend they are normal-sized burgers and I am a GIANTESS.


I even set out fruit and vegetables for guests who like roughage.



There's no chance you'll go thirsty at this party.


The bartender will see to that:



Check out the dance floor I set up in the blog's basement:


Not bad. Guess where I am? Dancing with Cumberbatch:


Those dance moves make the expense of this party TOTALLY worth it.

Let's see some more:


If dancing isn't your thing do not despair. There's a hot tub out back and I set up fire pits on the terrace:


Or stay inside by the fire and play a board game:



I daresay you won't be lacking for (very pretty) company:


At midnight the fireworks will dazzle you.


As the party wraps up, there's no need to rush off. I have plenty of places for you to crash:


In the morning don't go until you have something to eat.


And a hot beverage.


And read the newspaper.


And have a fantastic 2013.

17 comments:

  1. IS THAT A TOM SELLECK CAKE?

    I am so there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2013 -- can it get any better than CHEST HAIR SPRINKLES!!??

      Delete
  2. Ha! Chest hair in cake form! Isaac the bartender! Various other things I keep hitting the wrong keys because I'm drunk! I need one of those beds with a net on the end.

    Happy new year. I've already kissed several women and men and I know you're not the demonstrative type...uh... fist bump?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about a friendly, exuberant wave? That's my strong suit.

      Delete
  3. You had me at muppet roughage, but that Tom Selleck cake is pretty impressive, too, in a totally platonic way.

    Happy New Year, Nan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. muppet roughage -- that makes me laugh. Which is good because it's almost 2 AM and my children are still awake and THAT is making me want to cry. WHY?! WHY?!?!? GO TO SLEEP, SMALL PEOPLE!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. Man, I can't believe I missed your party! When you win the lottery you need to throw this party, exactly like this, complete with muppet roughage. :)

    Happy New Year, lovely friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And of course I have to be babysitting while all this is going on!

    Friendly, exuberant wave to you too. And have a great 2013 from a new and VERY grateful-for-this-amazing-blog fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is about the best party i've ever turned up late for. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best. Party. Ever. Happy New Year to you and all the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! Me! Me! Me for dancing with Benedict!

    Happy 2013 Nan! May you blog long and prosper! And may I learn to tone down the use of exclamation points.


    !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! My favorite's from your party? Your super-cool bartender and that outdoor fire pit. Give me something warm and boozy and sit my happy ass right out there. That is how I would've partied it up. You could join me with your mug of vodka. Hopefully we can view the fireworks from there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love good on sticks. And coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. NAAAAN! I LOVE THIS POST!
    M is the CHAMPION of making pretty food on sticks. Maybe I'll bring her. She's a good kid. Although she'd die of horror - rightfully so - at her mom making googly eyes at all the pretty men. LOOK AT THOSE GUYS! LOOK AT THAT CAKE! xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice that I invited Mike Holmes to the party? It's so sexy when he says underpinnings.

      Delete
  12. Awesome post!! I would definitely be dancing and then hanging out in the hot tub. And after an awesome nights' sleep in the bunks I would definitely look forward to the breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get the top bunk! You do throw the best parties! : )

    ReplyDelete