Monday, January 28, 2013

Period Details.

It's my husband's fault that I haven't blogged in a week. He had time off work and it turns out being around another adult (especially one that I love) with whom I can have coherent, prolonged, face-to-face conversations, means I don't need to reach out to my imaginary friends who live in my computer.

No offence, imaginary friends.

Mr Wrath's big project was renovating the basement stairwell. Have you ever heard the idiom "everything old is new again?" Since buying this house in 2003, we've been hoping that cedar deck railing INSIDE a house would come back in fashion, thereby making our kitchen right on trend. Too late we realize that cedar deck railing as an interior feature was NEVER in style so it this was never going to be anything other than ugly:



Here's the after shot:


Awesome, right? You'll notice I bid farewell to that red wall, aka my homage to Frank from Trading Spaces.

Okay. I'm fibbing. But you'll have to wait a few weeks till the mudding is done and the paint cured before we do the big "reveal."




5 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! I watched so many episodes of Trading Spaces. Relatedly, I am glad I was never on Trading Spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No offense taken by this imaginary friend. Even though I missed you over the past week I'm happy you had some quality conversation time with your husband.

    I loved Trading Spaces. Even let's-glue-feathers-to-the-wall Hildy. Didn't love the feathers but always fun to see what wild and crazy thing she would come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Trading Spaces. ACCENT WALLS. Everything was accent walls and shit furniture made out of MDF. How I loved it.

    Hildy, though, gave me actual migraines. The feathers on the wall I *still* don't think was as bad as when she completely covered all four walls & the ceiling with fabric - for a playroom. Where the kid had asthma. FAIL, Hildy. Fail.

    I missed you this week, imaginary friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, if I had my Mr at home in a toolbelt I wouldn't be on the computer either. As it is...I don't. Sadness!

    Looking forward to the after shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! That staircase is kind of ridiculously awesome though. Can't wait to see the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete