- the chicken paprikash I made for dinner was too spicy. In order to save dinner, I pulled the meat out of the gravy, rinsed it off, dumped the gravy, and stewed the meat in a clear broth. In the end it was edible, but I was kind of hoping for a dish that warranted a few more colourful adjectives. I suspect the blame lies not with my cooking skill or the recipe, but because our paprika is some super-spicy variant.
- Bryan Adams' new baby is named Lula RosyLea. Because Mirabella Bunny's sister obviously needed an equally stupid name. Adams' named this child after the song Be-Bop-A-Lula and a creative spelling of a slang term for ‘a cup of tea’. The random capitalization in RosyLea is the worst part. Also I can't shake the feeling that Adams is too old for this shit. His daughter's have names that seem more appropriate for children born to glamour models and football players.
- after logging onto the Vancity website to check the balance on a prepaid credit card, I received this message:
Figuring it was better to get the security check out of the way, I clicked through (but only after screen capping the page, because I was already suspicious) to 10 questions that were OBVIOUSLY not related to security, but attempts to profile users. Since I'd already logged into the site with my password AND the site featured a https address AND because it was aesthetically exactly like the main Vancity credit card page AND I needed to know my balance immediately, I figured I had nothing to lose. I answered the questions. Sort of:
True to my answer to the last question I went on twitter and complained. I received these responses:
UPDATE: EVERYTHING IS ACES WITH MY ACCOUNT!
Phew. I spoke with VanCity and the questions
(which I still think are ridiculous and strange) are legitimate.
Check out the comment left by Anonymous (February 15, 2013 at 5:17 PM) for a quick overview.
-I watched What's Your Number while working-out today and yesterday. It's a good movie with a different take on rom-com conventions and Anna Faris is very funny. But. BUT! I couldn't get passed her hair. It was the colour and consistency of straw. It was distracting but I think with a little bit of tweaking she would look so much better. This makes me shallow, right? Also a hypocrite, since I'm hardly a style maven.
- I fell while walking the dog at lunch. As I tried to keep myself from tumbling I felt a vibration in my tibia and I sensed that it was *gulp* starting to bend. There was a sharp stab of pain deep beneath my muscles at the core of my calf. Then I twisted my ankle. And tore my inner thigh muscle. Landed heavily on my hand. Wrenched my arm. Strained my neck. Lost my dignity.
A second after I landed, I rolled onto all fours, catching my breath and wondering if I'd actually broken my leg. I took a few deep breaths and looked around for Zarf and Klaxon. They were squealing with equal parts horror and delight. When I'd started to fall, I'd flailed my arms and accidentally launched a poo bag high in the air. On it's way up and it's way down, it narrowly missed hitting them. As fans of physical comedy they were in hysterics. Their laughter made me feel a bit better. But my humiliation and pain were not over yet.
Just then Fogo bounded up, mounted me and started humping.
Happy Freakin' Valentine's Day!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
When he got home from work Mr Wrath gave me the gift of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. It helped my mood immeasurably. As did these cards:
How was your Valentine's Day?