Monday, March 11, 2013

Big Bees.


I have chosen the topic of…


What if honeybees were as big as elephants.

• • • • • • • • • • •

My initial response was: Fantastic! Elephantine bees would mean more honey, so the cost of honey would drop.

Then it occurred to me that for this to work, flowers would also need to be larger. Their beehives would be like skyscrapers. The sound of bees buzzing in the garden would be deafening. In short order I found myself in the dark place in my mind where horrifyingly, creepy thoughts live. I call it the Sid and Marty Krofft Corner since it's largely occupied by Pufnstuf characters. I broke down sobbing at the thought of living in a buzz-filled world of giant honeybees and flowers as big as Olympic Size swimming pools. It would be almost as bad as being on Living Island.

Instead I'll just try to appreciate normal-sized honeybees and normal-sized flowers.


• • • • • • • • • • •


Remember yesterday when I blogged about being sick? I still am, hence I'm taking pretty strong medicine. If the above section makes no sense, please bear this in mind.

As further proof that I am sick, I actually opted out of attending a pizza party this evening. Can you believe it? Instead I left the boys and Mr Wrath behind and came home for a dinner of tuna, sliced apples and cucumbers, shredded cheese and whole grain tortilla chips. I ate while watching Murder, She Wrote. JB Fletcher is comfort food for my brain.

Now I'm going to mix myself a mug of hot lemon and (very expensive) honey and head to bed.


[This is the mascot for Tisdale, Saskatchewan. I have actually seen this in person. It is creepy.]


4 comments:

  1. I love those giant things in Saskatchewan. Remember Corner Gas? World's Biggest Hoe? Best Corner Gas ever, except when Brent gets a security camera. That one was pretty funny too.

    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corner Gas was/is so good.

      My husband just told me that the Falher honey bee is actually bigger than the Tisdale one. I wonder if they have some sort of bee-rivalry. A Bee-Off, perchance.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. FIRE! There's a FIRE in the castle!!

      A quote I'm thinking very few people get.

      Delete