Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter.

When I first started blogging back in 2005 I learned two things:
1. in many places in the world -- even here in North America -- there is no snow at Easter. Even more shocking: people have green grass at Easter.

2. churches host Easter Egg hunts.

I still don't understand why the Easter Bunny gets a free pass by the very same cohort who snipe "Keep Christ in Christmas" and demonize Santa. Truthfully, I don't really care since I'm still up to my eyeballs in snow. I'm mostly just pleased that I don't have to attend church three times this weekend, as was my family's custom in my youth.

Mr Wrath designed an Easter Egg hunt for the boys. It was one part chocolate-palooza, one part science class, one part Amazing Race. To get some of their clues, the boys built a popsicle stick bomb, constructed an electromagnet, blended colours and deciphered words written with invisible ink (lemon juice) on paper.



Our family concluded the day with a meal of pork vindaloo, kichadi, naan and raita. Lindor dark chocolate bunnies were our dessert. We threw open the windows to share the delicious smells with the neighbours.  Which is EXACTLY why Jesus died on the cross.

• • • • • • • •

And with this post, I am done. 31 posts in 31 days.
Thanks everyone for reading and commenting


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for a wonderful month Nan. Your daily blog and my cup of Tim Hortons coffee were the best things about getting up each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Easter sounds fun at your house!!! I can't say that your festivities were rivalled at the Peach Tree. Until 2012 I had never in my wildest dreams thought of snow at Easter, who knew? The green bubble I had been living in soon burst. Well done on your month of blogging I have enjoyed all the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your easter egg hunt is crazy-elaborate. We just hid ours in plain sight (and it still took the boys a ridiculously long time to find them all).

    Congrats on finishing your blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just lusted after your husband a little. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete