Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Warp Speed Wednesday: Bad Dog.

Day thirteen of my month long blogging challenge coincides with my Warp Speed Wednesday post. 

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

For the unitiated, this weekly post is my excuse to blog about Star Trek thereby saving my husband the bother of having to listen to me prattle on about Kirk, Picard, time warp paradoxes, why Harry Kim was awful, the Q continuum, Sisko, Quark, which of Deanna Troi's hairstyles was the best, why pointed side burns are excellent, and...well you get the picture.  


• • • • • • • • • • • • •

During the first run of Star Trek: The Next Generation, I harboured crushes on several of the male actors. Wesley -- since he was close to my own age. Picard -- since he was ageless and lovely and sometimes wore tiny shorts and v-neck shirts when off duty. Riker -- since he was such a stud. I might have even, once or twice, referred to Riker as tasty. An assessment evidently shared by Fogo.

On Sunday she jumped up on my desk, grabbed a rolled up poster of Riker from the desktop organizer and nibbled on him:


She has no shame. But she does have great taste. This poster belonged to my mom. She hung it on her office door and when she retired she passed it on to me. I'd been planning to hang it over my desk in the homeschool area, but Fogo had other plans. Sorry, Lola. 

• • • • • • • • • • • • •
Still no word on the creation or release of Star Trek Into Darkness action figures. I'm beginning to fear that I won't be able to get my hands on a pocket-sized 'Batch. DAMNIT!

In the meantime, I'll just keep watching this:


6 comments:

  1. I *welcome* a post that discusses Deanna's hairstyles. In fact, I'm off to search your archives to see if there already is one. Plus, can we discuss the necklines?

    I've seen a lot of Star Trek but sadly, only Picard ever caught my fancy. The lack of dreamy men on the other series led to my lapse in fandom. Although - come to think of it, the Doctor on Deep Space Nine looks like my husband. HM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't blogged about Deanna's hair. Hmmm...now thinking ahead to next week.

      Your husband looks like Bashir?!?!? You're so LUCKY -- he's my go-to crush on DS9.

      Delete
  2. Okay. I will attempt to recreate my comment brilliance...

    Fogo is getting so beautiful! Those long legs! She should be a contestant on Canada's Next Top Dog Model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in a house of people that did nothing but deride Crusher and Riker. It's nice to see them get some love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two summers ago my neighbour made an off-hand anti-Wesley comment and I proceeded to give her a 10 minute lecture about why he was awesome. I could've gone on longer but that was when it occurred to me that I was scaring not informing her.

      Delete