Friday, May 31, 2013

Fogo on a Friday.



Sad dog is sad. Sad dog is blurry. Sad dog is also starting to look less and less like a black lab.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Speaking of things that are sad, this is my favourite Spock glass:


I bought it at the Science Fiction museum in Seattle in February, 2010. It travelled with us by train to Disneyland, then back to northern BC. Mr Wrath broke it last night. He says it was an accident and I believe him, largely because there are other glasses I own that he hates more than poor, logical Spock.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


I play fast and loose with punctuation and spelling, so obviously I'm not a "grammar nerd."  But even I find this annoying:


Please, please, PLEASE don't let "health" as verb become a thing.  Let "healthing" be the drunken, doomed brainstorm of some asinine ad executive. Let it end here and now.


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


In an attempt to curtail Osiris's furniture shredding ways, I bought and applied Soft Paws:


Can you tell he is not charmed by his new pink claw slipcovers? Do you agree that I should be afraid to fall asleep tonight because Diablo Gato Osiris is plotting my demise?

13 comments:

  1. I can't stop staring at those pink claw covers. How... how did you apply those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come with a fast curing glue. So fast, I glued my fingers together! They should last between 4 to 8 weeks.

      Delete
  2. 1. I'm sure it was an accident. I broke Donn's very cool Leica mug, years ago. I'm still sad about it, although not as sad as he is.

    2. You glued those on?!?!

    3. It better not catch on. Healthing is just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I glued them on. First I coated the back of my hand w/ butter so the cat would be more focused on the butter and ignore the smelly, probably toxic glue and choking hazards I was glueing on to his toes. It worked well. Except for (as noted above) the part where I glued my fingers together.

      Delete
  3. I think you might get an entry in the Sad Cat Diary:

    "Dear Diary,
    Today the Authorities have covered my claws with a hideous torture device. They will, of course, be suitably punished when I am able to free myself."

    And how did you get him to keep still long enough to get them on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great idea for a tumblr account!

      I kept him distracted with butter, and then I forced him to cuddle with me until the glue set, about 5 minutes.

      Delete
    2. Being totally non-technical I had to find out what a tumblr account was before replying to your reply. Sad Cat Diary is a YouTube video. You should Google it - it's brilliant!

      Delete
  4. healthen
    enhealthen
    enhealthening?

    What is "to make healthy"? enhealthenization?

    English is making no sense to me right now.

    Ooo! Healthify! Now I can go to sleep. Goodnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! NO!!! MAKE IT STOP!

      Or even better: healthification. Let's go with that one!

      Delete
  5. "Healthing". We should just take any word and add an ing now and start a trend. Trending - see, that's a thing. I had oatmeal for breakfast, so I'm breakfasting - also a thing. But what about oatmealing? I'm oatmealing this morning. What are you doing? And I'm coffeeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of meeting for coffeeing. we'd go "coffeeing!" Hey. It works for "clubbing." [Not a seal hunt reference, in case anyone was wondering]

      I still have bitterness about the word "signage." I had to write a communications manual once and my boss insisted that we use "signage" not "signs." WHY DID HE MAKE ME DO THIS??!?!

      Delete
  6. I cannot believe O let you put those on butter or not! I can say I have never heard/seen healthing anywhere before...eek.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEALTHING. Fuck that.

    The cat nails slaaaaay me. I am slain. Slained. Slaining.

    ReplyDelete