Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Warp Speed Wednesday. Your weekly dose of Trekkie goodness.


I enthusiastically recommend the audiobook for The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I read the book three years ago and loved it. The audio version is just as charming. Amongst the five (equally excellent) narrators are two names that will stand out for Trekkies.


Firstly there's J. Paul Boehmer. His credits are: 

ENT: Storm Front: Part 1 -- SS Agent
ENT: Zero Hour --  SS Officer
ENT: Carbon Creek -- Mestral
DS9: Tacking Into the Wind -- Vornar
VOY:  Drone -- 'One,' 29th-Century Borg Drone





Until now I've only known Rosalyn Landor as Brenna Odell from TNG's Up the Long Ladder. In their digital collection, my library has 32 audiobooks read by her. I want to hear them all! She's a fantastic narrator.



Riker gives Brenna his classic 
"Do you want to be my Imzadi for just one night?" look. 


• • • • • • • • • •


By and large, I agree with Clive Burrell's "10 Star Trek Episodes That Are Not As Good As People Say." I still don't understand VOY's Fury. But I will brook no insults about Gorn.


• • • • • • • • • •

A couple of weeks ago Beck sent me the link to "Star Trek actors past and present combined in eerie portraits" because she is a very good person. Every photo is like a delicious transporter accident.



• • • • • • • • • •


Stymied for an easy, cheap Star Trek costume for Halloween? I recommend this:



Available from amazon.com.


4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha, just add a white bob wig and you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the rate my hair is turning grey, I will be able to carry off this look next year without the wig! This year however, I'm going as a middle aged Wonder Woman.

      Delete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I popped in to look around for a while on my visit. I hope your husband feels better soon. And oh wow, that poor little Flo in the news story you provided. If that is the outfit she wore on her 14th birthday, yeah it's a bit much, but not SO MUCH that she should be humiliated like that. Cheerleaders wear less!! Eesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      Poor, poor Flo. To be exploited and set up for failure by her own mother.

      Delete