Saturday, December 21, 2013

Quack.

Last night I was clicking around the A&E website hoping to order a set of "Duck Dynasty" Limited Edition Valentine's Day cards:



I was also fortunate to find a rare set of "Duck Dynasty" Martin Luther King, Jr. Day cards:



My joy was short lived, however when I found several disturbing products listed on the A&E site: 






Now I am not a biblical scholar like Phil Robertson, patriarch of the Duck Dynasty clan who recently gave a GQ interview pontificating about his beliefs. But I do know that the Bible condemns homosexuality with the same fervour it also condemns (amongst other things) letting your hair become unkempt, eating an animal which doesn’t both chew cud and has a divided hoof, eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting it, getting a tattoo, touching the skin of a pig (no football for the Duck Dynasty boys), consuming shellfish, AND

 "wear[ing] a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

That Phil and his family are profiting by selling poly-cotton clothing AND acrylic yarn and wool  beanie-beards, makes me wonder if perhaps they aren't as clever or as moral as they'd have us all believe?